3. Is IMB safe?
1. What is IMB?
IMB is a young, dynamic Financial Services company. We are passionate about providing low-cost, high value
financial services to the broader African community.
We are based at 264 Victoria Avenue, Woodstock, Cape Town, South Africa. See Contact Us for a map.
No, IMB Financial Services is a registered Financial Services Provider, FSP Number 43443. For further information, visit. www.fsb.co.za or call us on 087 941 3252.
IMB is both safe and sensible.
IMB is an FSP and is registered with PASA (Payments Association South Africa) and the NCR (National Credit Regulator) and is subject to all their applicable legislation.
IMB Financial Services is a registered financial services provider, FSP Number 43443. For further information, visit www.fsb.co.za or call us on 087 941 3252.
Of course – it’s FREE! For no extra charge, you can access IMB Africa on the World Wide Web www.imb.co or on your mobile phone dial *120*46237# and follow the instructions.
1. Check Balance: Provided you have airtime this FREE service allows you to check your IMB balance at any time. Press 1 then dial button. Your balance will be displayed.
2. Buy prepaid airtime: Press 2 then dial button. You can then select a network provider. Finally select the voucher amount. An airtime PIN will be SMS’d to your phone.
3. Buy prepaid electricity: Press 3 then dial button. You can then enter your meter number. Finally select the amount. An electricity voucher will be SMS’d to your phone.
4. Buy Metrorail tickets: Press 4 then dial button. Follow the menu options to select your metro rail journey. Enter your IMB Mobile PIN to confirm. You will receive a SMS with your ticket voucher details.
6. View transactions: Press 6 then dial button. Press 1 then dial button for wallet or press 2 then dial button for card. You will then be shown your last 2 transactions.
2. E-mail: email@example.com
3. Internet: www.imb.co
a. Via the Internet
Log onto IMB and select the load card menu option. Transfer the funds from your IMB Africa wallet to your Mastercard.
c. Via your mobile phone, dial *120*46237#, select option 5, enter an amount you wish to load. Confirm the amount and the card will be loaded.
d. Via the IMB Mobile App.
You can get money out of your IMB wallet:
a. Buy prepaid electricity, airtime or Metrorail tickets – coming soon
c. Goods and services. After you have transferred your funds from your IMB wallet to your IMB Mastercard, you can pay for what you need in the way of goods and services from any one of the hundreds of thousands of Mastercard retailers around the world.
This depends on a number of issues such as:
a. How accurately you put the details of your account onto the cash deposit slip
b. What time you made the deposit
c. What time you make the EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) from another bank
d. From which bank you transfer the money, if doing an EFT
If the money does not reflect within 24 hours, please call the IMB Call Centre on 087 941 3252 with a valid reference.
087 941 3252
Internet: No limit (if FICA’d)
You need the following documents:
1. Proof of Identification. This can be a valid passport, or green bar coded SA ID document.
2. Proof of address. This can take the form of a bank statement, utility bill proving your address as long as it’s not older than 3 months. If you don’t have this, please contact the IMB Call Centre on 087 941 3252.
Yes. IMB Financial Services (Pty) Ltd is an authorised Financial Services Provider registered with the Financial Services Board, FSP No.: 43443. For further information, visit www.fsb.co.za
No, but you can authorise a stop-order from your IMB wallet only.