This serves to provide you, the client, with the information on the financial service provider as required in terms of the
1. The above brokerage is an authorised Financial Services Provider (FSP) with license number
FSP 43443. A copy of the license is available and displayed at the business address stipulated
2. The FSP does have the necessary Professional Indemnity Insurance as required.
3. The FSP is an independent service provider and has a contract with the following Product
Lion of Africa – FSP no: 17511
4. The Company earns remuneration based on the commission paid by the product provider
concerned. Commission is calculated according to the commission scale applicable to financial
5. Fees are charged for the services rendered as specified in terms of the documentation
6. The representative is permitted to provide financial advice and intermediary services on
Category I, sub-category 1.1, 1.3, 1.20 and 1.4 as determined by the relevant legislation, i.e.
Long-term Insurance Category A, B1, B2 and C products, and as representatives of Carinus
Strydom is authorised for Categories 1.17 & 1.18 i.e. Long & short term bank deposits.
7. The representative complies with the fit and proper requirements as defined in the FAIS Act
and is not rendering services under supervision as defined.
8. Apart from the general exemptions published, no exemptions, conditions or restrictions are
applicable to the licence.
9. The Financial Service Provider does not hold more than 10% shares in any product supplier.
The FSP currently receives more than 30% of total annual remuneration from the product
10. At IMB Financial Services we strive to render services and provide advice to our clients that
are in their best interest, and to avoid any possible conflict of interest that may arise. To this
end we have adopted a conflict of interest management policy as required in terms of the
current legislation. A copy of this policy is available for your perusal at our offices and on our
website: email@example.com. We have a structured complaint system. Should you have any
complaints about the Company or any of its personnel, please contact our complaints
11. Complaints department:
Mrs C Vosloo Tel: 087 941 3252
IMB Financial Services (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 173
When entering into any contractual agreement, please remember the following:
1. Do not sign any blank or partially completed forms.
2. Complete all forms in ink.
3. Keep all documents handed to you.
4. Make notes of what is said to you.
5. Do not be pressurised to buy the product.
6. Incorrect information or non-disclosure of any material fact by you may influence an insurer’s decision on any claims arising from your contract of insurance.
Other matters of importance
1. The representative must advise you of any respective material changes made to the information given in the details on the insurer and representative.
2. The representative must confirm in writing any information given orally on the details of the representative within 30 days.
3. Any complaint submitted to the representative in writing, and not resolved to your satisfaction, may be submitted to the Short-term ombudsman or FAIS ombudsman (as may be relevant). Refer to contact details below.
4. In the event of a claim you are not obliged to undergo any polygraph or lie detector test and a failure on any such test cannot be the sole reason for the repudiation of your claim.
5. If you pay your premium by debit order:
5.1. It must be in favour of one person, and cannot be transferred without your approval;
6. Your insurer is obliged to give you notice of the cancellation of your insurance. Notice given to the representative is not sufficient.
7. The insurer, not the representative, must give reasons for repudiating your claim.
8. You are entitled to a copy of your policy free of charge.
9. This notice does not form part of the Insurance Contract or any other document.
10. All material facts must be accurately and properly disclosed, and that the accuracy and completeness of all answers, statements or other information provided by or on behalf of the client, are the client’s own responsibility.
11. When IMB Financial Services’ consultants complete or submit any transaction requirement on your behalf, you should be satisfied as to the accuracy and completeness of the details.
12. Possible consequences of the misrepresentation or non-disclosure of a material fact or the inclusion of incorrect information could lead to a claim being repudiated.
13. Please note that any advice provided by a IMB Financial Services consultant relates specifically to products sold by IMB Financial Services.
Particulars of the Financial Services Board:
P.O. Box 35655, Menlo Park, 0102 Tel: (2712) 428 8000 Fax: (2712) 347 0221
Particulars of Ombud for Financial Services Providers:
P.O. Box 74571, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040 Tel: 0860 FAISOM (0860 324 766) Fax: (2712) 348 3447
Particulars of our Compliance Officers:
Providus Compliance Consulting (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 1018, Durbanville, 7551
Compliance Officer: Nicol Moodie
Telephone No: (021) 979 5201, Fax No; 0862 127 778