IMB Financial Services Disclosure Information
This serves to provide you, the client, with the information on the financial service provider as required in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (Act 37 of 2002) as amended:
IMB Financial Services (Pty) Ltd (IMB) act as an e-wallet provider for their clients which has various functionalities to make it easier for their clients to take part in the more formal financial environment whilst protecting their funds. IMB is not a bank.
IMB Financial Services (Pty) Ltd (IMB) is also a financial services provider and can provide their clients with advice and intermediary services in respect of various financial products. As such IMB is therefore duly registered with the Financial Services Conduct Authority as a registered financial services provider (FSP 43443).
IMB is based in Cape Town, South Africa (imb.co) and copies of our registration certificates are available and displayed at the business address stipulated below. Apart from the general exemptions published, no exemptions, conditions or restrictions are applicable to the license.
IMB is an independent service provider and has agreements in place with the various product providers to provide our clients with the products we have available to choose from. We only enter into agreements with reputable companies to ensure our clients get products and services they can depend on.
As a financial services provider IMB has the necessary Professional Indemnity Insurance as required.
IMB earns remuneration based on transactional fees paid by the client as disclosed in our product documentation. On the funeral products we earn commission as calculated according to the commission scale applicable to financial advisers which is paid by the product provider.
IMB is permitted to provide financial advice and intermediary services on:
|CATEGORY I||Advice||Intermediary services|
|Long-Term Insurance subcategory A||X||X|
|Long-Term Insurance subcategory B1||X||X|
|Long-term insurance subcategory B2||X||X|
|Long-term Insurance subcategory B2-A||X||X|
|Long-term Insurance subcategory B1-A||X||X|
|Long-Term Insurance subcategory C||X||X|
|CATEGORY IV Assistance business FSP|
|Assistance business FSP|
IMB does not hold more than 10% shares in any product supplier and does not receive more than 30% of its total annual remuneration from any insurance product supplier.
At IMB Financial Services we strive to render services and provide products to our clients that are in their best interest, and to avoid any possible conflict of interest that may arise. To this end we have adopted a conflict of interest management policy as required in terms of the current legislation. A copy of this policy is available for your perusal at our offices and on our website: imb.co. We have a structured complaint system. Should you have any complaints about the Company or any of its personnel, please contact our complaints department:
|Complaints:||Mrs. M. Moore|
|Tel:||087 941 3254|
|Address:||97 Loop Street, Cape Town, 8000|
When entering into any transaction please remember the following:
- Do not sign any blank or partially completed forms.
- Complete all forms in ink.
- Keep all documents handed to you.
- Make notes of what is said to you.
- Do not be pressurised to buy the product.
- Incorrect information or non-disclosure of any material fact by you may influence an insurer’s decision on any claims arising from your contract of insurance.
- Make sure that you understand the transaction/product, how it works, and the costs involved before agreeing to the transaction.
- Never disclose your PIN number to anyone. If you become aware of a situation where you know or feel that someone has seen your PIN number you must change it immediately.
- Make sure that when you deposit money into you account that you use the correct reference number as explained by the consultant and in the documentation provided.
- Should you need to contact us please do not hesitate to call for assistance at our contact centre: Tel: 087 941 3254
As we are regulated by the FSCA and the legislation under its supervision we must also provide you with the following information:
Financial Services Conduct Authority:
P.O. Box 35655, Menlo Park, 0102
Tel: (2712) 428 8000
Fax: (2712) 347 0221
Ombud for Financial Services Providers:
P.O. Box 74571, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040
Tel: 0860 FAISOM (0860 324 766)
Fax: (2712) 348 3447
Our Compliance Officers:
Providus Compliance Consulting (Pty) Ltd
29 Milton road, Goodwood, Cape Town, 7460
Tel 021 590 7800, Fax No: 0866 140 138